switching BACK to chlorine from SoftSoak?????

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Hey all, I know NOTHING about hot tubs/spa's as I don't have one..but my brother does. He was recently talked into converting his 500 gallon hot tub over to something called "soft soak"...I guess it's a hydrogen peroxide type of product ??????

Anyway..he hates it, and he says there is always a greyish sludge on his waterline, and he wants to switch back to either Bromine or Chlorine.

I told him I'd post to the forum here, as I know you guys won't steer him wrong. How does he convert back, or does he DRAIN it all out..clean the tub and then refill with water and start over from fresh?? He has new filters he can put in too, to replace the old ones.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

JasonLion said:
Soft Soak is a baqua based system.

With a spa you want to start with a drain, through rinse, replace the filters, and refill when converting away from baqua products.

Wow, you make it sound simple. I just purchased a used HotSpring Vista (500 gallon) hot tub that was using Baqua Spa products. I have been reading everything possible about conversion and if I would have stopped at one post I may not be as confused as I am now.

I have well water and a septic system and would like to try the BBB system. Is it really as simple as draining, rinsing (flush? with old filters?), and replacing filters before filling a final time?

I would appreciate one clear, step by step, procedure to help me get started - thank you SO MUCH for any help anyone can provide!
Cheri

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.