Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: fir needles what to do.

1. Back To Top    #1

fir needles what to do.

I have needles from the fir trees in the pool, and I can not get them out if it. They love to float if touched, and will not go in the skimmer. I am sure these are very smart dudes, with an anger issue toward me.
    I have the little intex vac, That is a joke. got the 2500GPH pump up and running, good movement of the water. But these are driving me nuts. And I am sure they are contributors to the algae I fight every year.

Any ideas on what to do to get these out? I am not talking about just a few...
    Thanks
    Intex 15X48 AGP intex 2500GPH and skimmer kit
    Between Portland Oregon, and Olympia Washington

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: fir needles what to do.

Cut down the fir tree nearest the pool to show the other trees you are not to be trifled with. That or put a cover over your pool when its not in use.
    24,000 Rectangular Vinyl IG, Sand, 1.5 Hayward Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Not really an option where I live. Fir trees everywhere. Cover... Can,t hardly get the kids to install the solar cover.

4. Back To Top    #4

NW PA, halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie in the PA snowbelt

Do you not have one of these?

Can't get the kids to put on the solar cover, but I bet you could get them to hand skim the pool....

I need one of those to add to the RC airplane collection!

That wouldn't help with pine needles suspended in the water though, but sure would be fun!
    Mike

22' round Intex UltraFrame pool, Intex 633T 2500gph paper cartridge filter/pump
    with broken Intex SWG, using bleach this year
    TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by mrodgers

I need one of those to add to the RC airplane collection!

That wouldn't help with pine needles suspended in the water though, but sure would be fun!
    I SO need one of those!

Mr Rodgers, what do you fly, and where?
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

6. Back To Top    #6

I do own one of these
    http://www.poolgear.com/assets/products/large/277.jpg
    But it seems so slow.
    I would love one of those RC units. that is cool.

7. Back To Top    #7

NW PA, halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie in the PA snowbelt

Quote Originally Posted by gboulton
    Mr Rodgers, what do you fly, and where?
    To answer the O/T question, I had a beginner pod and boom style glider quite a few years ago and flew it for a few years. About the 100th nose-in in the field and it was fatal.

Last year I bought a Parkzone Ultra Micro T-28 (so "collection" really isn't the correct term ) As for where I fly it? Floating in my pool in the back yard

I need the new E-Flite Carbon Cub with the floats because I have this absolute awesome 22' round water landing strip in the back yard now Was at the hobby shop last night after a date night with Wifey, but I didn't see any Carbon Cubs.
    Mike

22' round Intex UltraFrame pool, Intex 633T 2500gph paper cartridge filter/pump
    with broken Intex SWG, using bleach this year
    TF-100 test kit