Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex a little unlevel?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex a little unlevel?

A couple of questions I have here and would greatly appreciate some feedback. My intex pool I installed is 2" at the most in level on one side. Is this a problem? Also we just had a heavy rain. Will that raise or lower my ph and chlorine? My guess it will dilute the FC but Im not sure.
    -J E F F-
    Intex 14' round 48" deep above ground pool
    HTH 6 way test kit
    Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter 1600g/hr
    I live in southwest Missouri

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex a little unlevel?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffacdc85
    My intex pool I installed is 2" at the most in level on one side. Is this a problem?
    2" is the absolute "Keep a REALLY close eye on that puppy" max I would even consider allowing. 1" is better, 1/2" is more like it.

Also we just had a heavy rain. Will that raise or lower my ph
    No way to know without knowing your current pH. It will, in all likelihood, move your current pH (whatever that is) closer to 7. By how much depends on how much rain, and the size of your pool.

and chlorine?
    Lower it. By how much depends again on rain amount and pool capacity.
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink: