Equipment Bid

Mar 6, 2012
Ok Pros... I would like a price on new equipment here in so cal. I feel like my local "pool guys" are out to lunch. Please give me some numbers! purchase and install pentair intellifo, pentair mastertemp 400,000btu, 2-2" 3 way jandy valves, rainbow chlorinator, and backflush valve. All installed. I would love to hear a realistic bid, as this is becoming a DIY project very rapidly.

Ok. After pricing out my equipment I came to a total of 2,875. no tax, free shipping. I have received one bid of $4,100, and on for $4,075. I feel the labor rate, in which is not broken down in the bid is too high.

I'm not seeing a filter, so I guess we can assume this is a replacement? What's in there now? I'd check with a couple more pool techs to find a lower install price, or do it myself. Remember that you'll also have to haul off the old stuff. If this is to replace existing equipment, it likely means minimal plumbing and electrical changes, so it should be relatively straightforward.

The filter is new..circa 2006. so I am keeping it. The heater had been removed years ago, so the only thing other than plumbing I would need to haul off is the pump. Lucky for me the entire thing is brass, so maybe I can a few bucks for it. I agree I think I am going to do it myself, should be too bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.