Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Equipment Bid

Equipment Bid

Ok Pros... I would like a price on new equipment here in so cal. I feel like my local "pool guys" are out to lunch. Please give me some numbers! purchase and install pentair intellifo, pentair mastertemp 400,000btu, 2-2" 3 way jandy valves, rainbow chlorinator, and backflush valve. All installed. I would love to hear a realistic bid, as this is becoming a DIY project very rapidly.
    Intex 16'x48" Metal Frame Above Ground. 5061 gallon.
    Two 1000 gph/750 flow rate Intex cartridge filters.
    Memphis, TN
    my-2-years-2-pools-build-project-in-pics-t44761.html

Re: Equipment Bid

medic, how bout you just tell us what you were quoted? You can see what things cost with just a few quick internet searches, and imagine a reasonable install fee on top of that...
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

Ok. After pricing out my equipment I came to a total of 2,875. no tax, free shipping. I have received one bid of $4,100, and on for $4,075. I feel the labor rate, in which is not broken down in the bid is too high.
    Memphis, TN

If that is including complete setup and plumbing of the equipment pad, I don't think its too bad.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!

I guess I feel that $1000.00 for a day worth of work is too high.
    Memphis, TN

I agree! I'd be doing it myself for sure. If you decide to do it, feel free to ask questions along the way.

I'm not seeing a filter, so I guess we can assume this is a replacement? What's in there now? I'd check with a couple more pool techs to find a lower install price, or do it myself. Remember that you'll also have to haul off the old stuff. If this is to replace existing equipment, it likely means minimal plumbing and electrical changes, so it should be relatively straightforward.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

The filter is new..circa 2006. so I am keeping it. The heater had been removed years ago, so the only thing other than plumbing I would need to haul off is the pump. Lucky for me the entire thing is brass, so maybe I can a few bucks for it. I agree I think I am going to do it myself, should be too bad.
    Memphis, TN

Quote Originally Posted by xxxmedicxxx
    I guess I feel that $1000.00 for a day worth of work is too high.
    why do you feel it is too high? what are you basing it on?
    17,800 gallon, IG pool, 595 sq feet (17x35x4.5 avg rectangle), Hayward 525 cartridge filter, diamondbrite, 2 hp 2 speed hayward tristar filter, Stenner 45mhp10 automatically chlorinating