Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The MSN method to opening and maintaining your pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, TX

The MSN method to opening and maintaining your pool ... for-summer

I think my favorite is slide 5, "Keep your FC at 1-3 ppm, and keep adding tablets... you can put them in your skimmer" OK, I paraphrased. At least they posted a few warnings.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Cincinnati, OH

Re: The MSN method to opening and maintaining your pool

I like slide 2, with the guy shoveling the leaves off a vinyl liner with what appears to be a metal shovel.

Plus many people here have turned a mucky pool with tons of leaves in the bottom into sparkling oasis w/o draining. Yeah TFP.

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

I really like the one with the pump setting right on the edge of the pool without a base or anything to secure it. One good tug on the hose and in the pool it goes.

Even if nobody gets hurt that motor isn't going to like it!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

After reading all of your comments about the slides, I thought I'd find a hilly redneck site!

They actually think they know what they are talking about... How sad!

I'm amazed that there are not pool companies, products and stores alike, who aren't sued for hurting someone. It's amazing some of the advice they give... how can the chemical cocktails they have you whip up in your pool even be safe to swim in?

So thankful for TFP!!!!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.