Should I just empty it or can I save it?

May 31, 2011
So my pool is no longer green... but I'm getting so frustrated with it, it's hard to keep it that way cause it's still such a mess (and I mean it's hard to keep it that way cause you spend so much time with it and seems it doesn't get much better and just feels overwhelming and just wanna ignore it cause I got other things to worry about than a stupid pool).

I get my pool water clear... it's just everything is settled on the bottom. When I brush it to the drain, it just turns the whole pool green. There's like this green sludge on the bottom that turns into a cloud when you disturb it. Not only that but there's all kinds of little pieces of grass EVERYWHERE in this...

I didn't cover my pool over the winter and since it was cold out and such, algae didn't grow... but it's collected all kinds of dirt and pieces from the tree apparently. I wasn't living at the house so I didn't bother with the pump either figuring I would just clean it all up when I get over there. It always looks like it's getting better but then I brush the pool and it just looks like Crud again. I just cleaned my filter again. I'm getting tired of dealing with this stupid thing.

Should I just empty it and clean it out and then fill it back up or what? Next winter I am DEFINITELY getting a cover for it I don't care how much it costs me cause this is ridiculous. This is my first summer "opening" the pool as I only had the house for a year and I kept it pretty good til winter came.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.