Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taking a different path

1. Back To Top    #1

Taking a different path

I was previously looking at a 24' round install. Now it appears a 18x34 would fit our yard better but oval Doughboy pools exceed my finances by a good deal. What are some good brands of above ground pools? I would prefer a brand that is not known for missing parts or broken parts. Please let me know.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taking a different path

I would suggest going to some pool stores in your area to see what's available, cost, warranty, what comes with the package, etc. I bought our pool at Rec Warehouse. I'm not sure if they have a store in your area but you might check. I shopped around a lot before making my decision. I can tell you this, their prices are not firm. If you act like you know where you can ger a better deal they will lower the package price and upgrade your liner and equipment to get you to buy from them. (their salesmen work on commission! LOL) We spent more to get a better quality pool with a lifetime warranty because we knew we would be investing a ton of money building a deck around it so we wanted it to last. My neighbors bought their pool a month after we got ours, but they bought a cheaper one. Their walls are already rusted and it looks terrible. Ours still looks as good as the day it was installed.
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

3. Back To Top    #3

I am talking to Rec now. I can get alot more pool from them for the same price.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh, I guess I should have stated that my neighbors purchased their pool somewhere else, not Rec Warehouse.

Good luck, update when you can.
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!