Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello everyone!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello everyone!!

Hello all,

I wanted to say hello and thank you to all in here.

I am a new pool owner - built last year - and trying to see if I could manage it on my own this year. At first, it seemed too daunting to do it, especially with the staff at local Leslie's treating me like one of the herds. My chemicals were all out of whack with 0 FC, 0 CYA, high pH and high alkalinity, almost 0 CH all the while with fairly clear water. I thought my SWCG was taking care of everything - isn't that the reason why I shelled out $1200 for it? Trying to correct the chemicals while depending on Leslie's staff was quite a nightmare. I even lost some sleep in this process.

At this writing, my chemicals are still not quite where I want it, but I feel so much better about my pool knowing there is help in this forum where there are those who seem quite knowledgeable and caring. While I await for my TF100 test kit, I have slept well last few nights.

Thanks.

Han
    Han

25' x 50' IG Gunite pool (~40,000 gallons) with "cool blue" diamondbrite, Jandy 2 HP pump, Pentair TR 100 sand filter, Jandy EE3000T heat pump, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Coverpools automatic cover, Polaris, Jandy Watercolors LED pool lights

Long Island, NY

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hello everyone!!

Hello and welcome to TFP! Sounds like you are on your way to a trouble free pool!

3. Back To Top    #3

You are doing the right thing.. this forum and people on it are great! You will be managing your water beautifully very soon!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!