Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG installation help

1. Back To Top    #1

Fairfax Station, VA

SWG installation help

I have a Circupool RJ45 ready to install. So far I have mounted it on the wall. I don't have alot of room betwwen the wall and the plumbing and so I am somewhat limited by the legnth of the cord. I have a Pentair Mini Max NT heater and I spoke to technical support. They said I should put a check valve between the SWG and the heater. Do I really need this? What type of valve do I need? Thanks.
    35K gallon plaster IGP, free form, spa with spill-over; Sta-Rite 2HP pump; KDI American 48sq.ft., 144GPM DE filter; Pentair MiniMax heater; pressure side The PoolCleaner; Circupool RJ45

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: SWG installation help

It common advice to out a check valve between the swcg and a heater to prevent water from the swcg from flowing back into the heater in case something fails. I'd use a "Jandy" style check valve because they have lower head loss compared to other types and they're rebuildable.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit