TF-100 CYA Mixing bottle

To fill the view tube all the way to the top requires 28 ml of liquid. So that's 14 ml of pool water and 14 ml of R-0013. I haven't used the mixing bottle in a couple of years. I use the regular vial and just measure equal portions of reagent and R-0013 and use the Speedstir to mix it.

Bama Rambler said:
To fill the view tube all the way to the top requires 28 ml of liquid. So that's 14 ml of pool water and 14 ml of R-0013. I haven't used the mixing bottle in a couple of years. I use the regular vial and just measure equal portions of reagent and R-0013 and use the Speedstir to mix it.

I've been wondering about this. I mix in the bottle, shake it up, wait 30 secs. then shake again. If i wanted to use the speed stir, how many seconds would you mix it? Do you mix, wait 30 secs, mix again?

I just mix it till it feels good and then pour it into the view tube. Never noticed a difference in the reading based on how long I mix it. The SpeedStir does such a good job of mixing it that you don't have a problem with it. It doesn't introduce any air into it either. I don't know that it would matter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.