Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG separate timer

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG separate timer

I would like to put a separate timer on the SWG as I want to be able to run pump 24/7. I know people here always talk about the cost issue of that, but I just don't like ever seeing any floating debris or stagnant water. I guess I'm just kind of anal about that. Would a separate timer cause any issues?
    IG ~14,000 Gal
    Pentair clean n clear Cartridge 100g/
    SWG Aquapure 1400
    Hayward XL Cleaner
    Premix Marbletite Freestone series
    1.5Hp 2 speed
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG separate timer

That is fine. Ideally you should wire the SWG so that the pump must be on and the SWG timer must also be on. That won't make any difference if the pump is always on, but is a good safety feature to have in case the pump gets turned off eventually. That is fairly easy to do, just wire the input to the SWG timer from the output of the pump timer/switch. If you do that, you also need to power the SWG timer circuit from power directly so the SWG timer continues counting time even when the pump timer is off.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: SWG separate timer

Thanks
    IG ~14,000 Gal
    Pentair clean n clear Cartridge 100g/
    SWG Aquapure 1400
    Hayward XL Cleaner
    Premix Marbletite Freestone series
    1.5Hp 2 speed
    TF-100