Intex Ultra Frame 7.32 x 3.66 questions

leewin

Jun 6, 2012
I am installing the above pool on a flat patio. I've decided to set it on bed of dense insulation foam. With a trench all the way around filled with reinforced concrete. However, my questions are:

1: Would fitting two through the wall skimmers at on end with a couple of jets at the opposite end give me better filtration than the stock pipe layout?

2: I'd like this cofiguration with permanent plumbing to a purpose made pump house approximately 16 meters away and a meter higher than the base of the pool. Would the included sand filter still function efficiently over this distance?

3: Do I have to buy pool salt at massively inflated prices from pool suppliers for the SWG, or is any salt ok?

4: Are there any particular benefits with using glass particles in the sand filter?

Thanks a lot in advance

1. While it would give you better filtration I don't think it'd justify the time or expense it takes to do it. The best thing you can do is place the skimmer on the downwind side of the pool, and place the return so that it creates a circular flow pattern around the pool that flows by the skimmer.

2. It might work but it will be extremely weak at the distance and level if it does. That pump isn't designed to lift water and if the equipment is even or slightly above the waterline it's not going to work very well. You could opt for a better pump and filter that would work much better.

3. As long as the salt is pure and doesn't contain any anti-caking or other additives it'll be fine. A lot of people use solar salt pellets but I'm not sure what's available whre you are.

4. None. Filter sand works well and is never a problem. We don't have a lot of experience with glass media but it's going to be more expensive and it's not going to work noticably better that sand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.