Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Cantilever concrete coping foam forms

Cantilever concrete coping foam forms

How hard are they to install? I have read numerous bad things about how the smallest mistake will result in a bad concrete job. On our DIY pool we are contracting out the concrete, who usually does those forms? The concrete people or who is installing the pool, me in this instance. Any tips for installing them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

Re: Cantilever concrete coping foam forms

The concrete contractor generally sets those. You just need to make sure the contractor you hire has expeinece doing pools and coping.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

Re: Cantilever concrete coping foam forms

Well my concrete guy was a nightmare total moron and he managed to attach forms, my pool is a vinyl. They are foam forms and think he filled cracks in between forms with spray foam think that helps but I basically had 120 linear ft of coping and is it foam forms and concrete so there will usually be a rough spot here and there but in general we like ours if you analyze it there are some bigger gaps here and there betwwen coping and liner track underneath but thats me being picky. There are different styles so pick what appeals to you I went with regular over capstone
    16X24 Oval Doughboy
    11,000 Gallons~
    2 HP Pump
    Sand Filter

Cantilever concrete coping foam forms

Ok thanks for your replays. Beside putting the forms up correctly is the process any different than pouring standard bullnose coping? Aslo how long does the concrete sit up before the forms are removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves