Drain and refill my in-ground pool, got wrinkle liner

May 28, 2011
Dear All,

As a new owner, I opened the pool with green algae. Without doing too much research, I drained the pool and refilled it. The vinyl liner got some wrinkles at the deep end. Besides, the liner looks pulled away at one corner (~ 6'' long).

The ground water table should be not a problem. The liner was fine with the pool totally drained. At the beginning of refill, I didn't pay attention to smooth out the liner. That may cause the wrinkle and high tension at corners.

Is there a easy way to fix the wrinkles with pool filled with water. Thanks.
The pool is ~10 years old, 38'*18' in-ground

I took some pictures but don't know how to post it here.
Best Regards,
Selenayu

You can try to use a plunger (plumbers friend) but since it's in the deep end I doubt you'll be able to move them.

For the corner, you should be able to put it back into place on a good warm day. You may need some liner lock to hold it in place.

Someone mentioned on here not to long ago that they hooked up their vacuum hose and used the suction from it to suck the liner ever so slightly so they could reposition the liner to flatten out the wrinkles. I just don't remember what topic it was under but they said it worked really well for them.

It all depends on how much it bothers you for it to be there. You can certainly drain it, straighten it out and refill if wasting that much water doesn't bother you. You'll only have to drain it down to about 2'. You can probably move the liner with that much water on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.