Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inground pool - Liner or complete product (Viking pools?)

1. Back To Top    #1

Inground pool - Liner or complete product (Viking pools?)

Hi

I have a inground pool (well i have a whole in the ground with some metal plates around it). I can get an inground pool kit for about $6000 (www.1800pools.com) or i could use Viking Pools complete unit.

I kinda like the idea of the solid all in one pool unit, no more liners etc... however are they as good as they sound?

My inground pool lasted about 15 years, Viking Pools offer a 20/30 year warranty and you never need to replace the liner as it doesnt have one. I am in Canada so it will need to be drained abit and water removed, however are the all in one units better as there easier to install?

I am trying to get a quiet from a Viking Dealer to see how "bad" it is, i only need something basic like there oblong 30x16 something pool.
    Many Thanks
    Ashley

Copyright 2012 - http://www.ashleygriffin.ca

2. Back To Top    #2

A Viking fiberglass pool will run you anywhere from 10-20K and up for the shell only. We was looking at fiberglass but after thinking about if something does go wrong with it you pretty much have to demo your whole pool install to take it out. While a liner you know you will be spending 2-4k every 10 years or so to replace it you do not have to rip out the decking to do it. A liner just has more advantages to us. GL

18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

3. Back To Top    #3

Also about the warrants. Look closely at those. Most are prorated and all of them pay for the shell only. So that means your concrete removal and new concrete installed will not be covered. Granted I don't think many have problems but if they did the cost of repair even with a warranty would get expensive.

18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves