Pentair sand filters

bpricedo

Silver Supporter
May 20, 2012
I am looking at a 27-30k gal free form pool. One PB states the TR-100 is the one the other states the TR-140 is.

Pentairs literature shows TR 100 capable of 98gpm flow and 24 hr turnover is 140,000 gal. This seems more than adequate? Doesn't it?

Thought i would give additional info to help with pump sizing. Pool size is roughly 50x22. Will have three 2in suction outlets (2 skimmers, 1 drain) and 5 or 6 returns. I would like two 2 in return loops. Longest run to pad would be 80-90 feet, pool and pad at same level. Only water features would be 2 bubblers on a tanning ledge. Will have booster pump for pressure cleaner or use robot.

If you're running all the inlets and outlets separately back to the pad a 1½ hp pump would be a good fit. I'd also go with the larger filter. Given the bubblers I'd consider running two pumps. One for the main system and one for the bubblers. Either that or go with a variable speed pump. The beauty of a VS pump is that you can adjust the flow to whatever you desire it to be and get the bubblers exactly like you want them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.