my pool is a bug motel

Feb 27, 2011
bugs check in but they don't check out.... for some reason my pool is collecting a huge number of bugs- all types- moths, bees, flys, beetles, even scorpions. I live in scottsdale (Grayhawk), and where I grew up (about 10 miles away) I never had this problem. I was talking to a friend who lives several blocks away, he doesn't have this problem.

good though on the lights,
there are some, but not excessive. the ones around the pool are small. there are much brighter ones under the patio, by the house. the ones in the pool are colored (and cycle through unfortunately). the spa has a white light, but there are not more in there.

:wave: Hey, I'm new to TFP but I couldn't resist becoming a member because I think I have found a way of getting rid of those pesty bugs. I had a bad bug problem, they were these tiny, tiny little brown things that you could hardly even see but it mad going in the pool uncomfortable. I used Avon's "Skin So Soft", I sprayed the top of my liner around the pool and the copping (plastic trim around the pool). I did this early morning before noon when I went to check the pool there were so many dead stuck to the copping but I noticed that there were also so many dead bugs in the pool too. With a role of paper towels I went around and whipped them away, that took a little bit of time. I hope that "Skin So Soft" from Avon works for you as well as it worked for me :-D

marilu said:
:wave: Hey, I'm new to TFP but I couldn't resist becoming a member because I think I have found a way of getting rid of those pesty bugs. I had a bad bug problem, they were these tiny, tiny little brown things that you could hardly even see but it mad going in the pool uncomfortable. I used Avon's "Skin So Soft", I sprayed the top of my liner around the pool and the copping (plastic trim around the pool). I did this early morning before noon when I went to check the pool there were so many dead stuck to the copping but I noticed that there were also so many dead bugs in the pool too. With a role of paper towels I went around and whipped them away, that took a little bit of time. I hope that "Skin So Soft" from Avon works for you as well as it worked for me :-D

Welcome to TFP!

I would highly discourage applying anything like that to your liner.

If you could see the amount of bugs it collected you would definitely have a different out look. I only spray it at the top edge of liner were the water surface touches the pool edges but some does go into the water. After carefully whipping it off with paper towel I did notice the cooping having a slippery surface but I would choose that over these tiny annoying bugs any day and no one seems to mind the smell of the skin-so-soft. Again this is just a suggestion. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.