Plant life coming up through liner

Jul 21, 2007
Michigan,
Would you believe today when I was trying out some new goggles I happen to notice 3 pieces of plant life coming up through the liner, they are now clear in color due to my shocking of the pool when I opened it. 2 of the little plants are next to the seam at the junction of the wall and the floor,the other is in about 15 inches from the edge.
It is leaking but they appear to be slow leaks as far as I'm aware of.
How do I fix these leaks without draining my water.
Will try and post some pics when I get them.

Attachments

• 6-10-2012_001.jpg
    6-10-2012_001.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 6-10-2012_004.jpg
    6-10-2012_004.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 199
Wow... something I fear.

I would guess you would need to do your best to remove as much of the plant as you can without harming your liner any further and then apply a patch. I would venture to guess that due to your shocking the pool that the plants themselves are dead and shouldn't be a further problem after that.

That looks like nutsedge. I am sorry to say, I have a feeling you may be finding more... The best nutsedge killer I have found is image herbicide. It should have been applied to the ground prior to putting up the pool...

Injecting Image herbicide under the edge of the pool is probably about all you can do until you replace the liner. If you get a good soaking around the pool you may be able to fend it off. Patching the holes as rather easy. Just pull the grass out and apply a patch over the hole.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.