Good Grief...ANOTHER LEAK?????? This time the pump itself?

Jun 27, 2011
Ok, So...the plug was tightened into the pump and it doesn't feel wet anymore. BUT, water is still oozing out from beneath the pump. That is besides the leaky pvc pipe which needs to be fixed. So do I need to replace the pump???? And what in the world would cause sooo many leaks?

Re: Good Grief...ANOTHER LEAK?????? This time the pump itsel

I checked both plugs and they're dry. Its definitely oozing from underneath it though. This time I let it completely dry and then watched it AND felt every nook and cranny. I'm gonna lose my mind with this!!!

I've had the pool open for several weeks. How do I check/fix that? The leak gets worse everytime. I stop running it for a few days to let the wood dry out but then the pool gets nasty so I have to start all over again.

I know it seems like a never ending battle but you'll get everything fixed before long and things will settle down.

You have to pull the casing apart to replace either of those things. It's not a big deal to do and you can replace both things while you have it apart.

Power should be the only thing you should have to worry about. Being it's an inground pool the equipment is most likely above the waterline so that's not a concern.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.