I guess it's a leak :0(

fuffy

Mar 26, 2011
Cowden, IL
At first I thought it was just evaporation, but now we're loosing 2-3 inches of water a day. I keep refilling it so that the pump can keep running. I don't see a noticable hole anywhere.
Replacing the liner is going to be interesting, our above ground pool is buried, so I'm worried about draining it to put a new liner in it.

:? I'm confused on how to proceed!

If it were my pool, I'd get in and swim the seams around and across the whole pool touching every square inch of the bottom for pockets and looking for sand. I would also look behind the steps (if you have steps that get lowered into the pool as in Wedding Cake styles). You could have ripped the liner on install (I have done this and it does cause massive water loss!!!) Aslo check under the steps/ladder.

We had the same thing happen last week. I was fearful of a liner leak, but ended up being a plumbing leak.

We have a solar panel and hadn't used it because we were away for the weekend. Apparently the valve for the solar panel wasn't shutting completely and was leaking by up to the panels and one of the pipes to or from the panel was leaking. The connection wasn't something we were looking at because we thought we had the solar panels shut off.

Found out Hubby knew we had a "small" leak in that line, but hadn't taken the time to fix it because it wasn't losing "much" water... well, it turned out he was wrong. :lol:

If you haven't checked all of your plumbing connections, but I assume you have, don't expect a leak to be "small"... Hubby found out the hard way.

The others gave you good suggestions for looking into the liner as the issue..

Good Luck!

I don't think it's a plumbing issue, but I will definatly have hubby double check that tomorrow. I haven't checked every single seam, I'll do that tomorrow also. I have checked around and under the ladder, nothing there.

I would be over the moon if it was just the plumbing.

My husband may have been a little wrong in his estimation of how much water we're loosing. I've marked the pool so we'll see how much we're actually loosing in a 24 hr period.
We do have a very small plumbling leak, it's not very much though.
I have another question, how much water loss is a normal evaporation amount? The pool is in full sun except for about 3 hours in the evening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.