Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baad experiance with liquid cardboard

1. Back To Top    #1

Baad experiance with liquid cardboard

Short version ....maybe
    Third year of hot tub useage. Just spent two days cleaning hot tub from the Bacucrap aka liquid cardboard tried this after our last move seeing we have well water at our disposal and city water. Well water is free.............
    Well after a few weeks and not liking the off gases and floating liquid cardboard and a late nite dip and some scissors,razor blades removing liquid cardboard fri nite. (I'll be conacting a bacuacil rep monday on this ugly outcome)
    I'm going back to or starting up the BBB method. we privously used pristine products but was always chasing cloudy water and ph levels.
    So excited about what I ave been reading here on site..Internet is a great tool man if used for the goood of man kind.
    Any way here are my preliminary numbers any help till my new test kit arrives (olin 2 test kit PH & chlorine)
    Spa temp 68,and holds about 250 gallons
    zero... chlorine
    6.4 ish... PH
    This is the kit that was left with house we bought and a 24' pool and i'm guessing the privous owner used the BBB method as there are a lot of bleach bottles that were left in the barn.
    Will this kit suffice for both hot tub and pool or should I get the kit mentioned in privous readings here? Thanks for any input and Hello to all forum members.
    13500 gallon 24x4 round above ground... for my kids and mom.Trying the BBB method
    250 gal Dream Maker hot tub ...switch from the Baquacrap to the BBB method
    I use the hot tub almost daily due to muscle and bone soreness and pain.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Baad experiance with liquid cardboard

Does your test kit have brand or model number? What is it able to test?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Geeezer Jr
    Short version ....maybe
    Third year of hot tub useage. Just spent two days cleaning hot tub from the Bacucrap aka liquid cardboard tried this after our last move seeing we have well water at our disposal and city water. Well water is free.............
    Well after a few weeks and not liking the off gases and floating liquid cardboard and a late nite dip and some scissors,razor blades removing liquid cardboard fri nite. (I'll be conacting a bacuacil rep monday on this ugly outcome)
    I'm going back to or starting up the BBB method. we privously used pristine products but was always chasing cloudy water and ph levels.
    So excited about what I ave been reading here on site..Internet is a great tool man if used for the goood of man kind.
    Any way here are my preliminary numbers any help till my new test kit arrives (olin 2 test kit PH & chlorine) Spa temp 68,and holds about 250 gallons
    zero... chlorine
    6.4 ish... PH
    This is the kit that was left with house we bought and a 24' pool and i'm guessing the privous owner used the BBB method as there are a lot of bleach bottles that were left in the barn.
    Will this kit suffice for both hot tub and pool or should I get the kit mentioned in privous readings here? Thanks for any input and Hello to all forum members.
    The kit i have is olin and does 2 tests only Chlorine and PH...
    I have ordered the one recommended on this site.....K 2500 or something close to that
    13500 gallon 24x4 round above ground... for my kids and mom.Trying the BBB method
    250 gal Dream Maker hot tub ...switch from the Baquacrap to the BBB method
    I use the hot tub almost daily due to muscle and bone soreness and pain.

4. Back To Top    #4

Getting the proper test kit is the first step to a good outcome. Once you get the kit, feel free to ask any questions you have.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit