Pool Broom

Oct 14, 2009
We have a Polaris and it works great except for the steps and the seat area. I would like to purchase a pool hand held cleaner to quickly clean up the steps and seat. I think I have seen some that are battery operated. Any suggestions on a product that would work?

Thanks for your help!

I have an Aqua Broom and it works pretty decently. I am quite pleased with it. It runs on 5 D batteries (the really big ones). It sucks stuff up pretty darn well. We just finally got done setting up our Intex pool today, and before the kids were able to jump in with me, I used it to clean everything up from the middle of the pool as we have a tree nearby that loves to shed.

Carly, do you have the extension pole for the aqua broom? From what I read is it is only 2' long. I would like to have an extension pole but not sure what pole attaches to the vacuum. And also does it pick up sand and small dirt particles?

This Aqua Broom looks awesome!

Two questions:

1) Will a regular extension pole fit it/work with it?

2) How is it on batteries? Do you find you need to replace them really often?

From what I read the batteries last a long time. One review the guy said he hasn't changed them in 5 years. Others say it lasts the whole swimming season. I'm wondering the same thing on the extension pole.

Okay, I just ordered the Aqua Broom from Amazon. It's on sale for 33.00. I have an extension pole, and even if it doesn't fit, I'm only 5' 1" tall, so stooping a little if the pole doesn't fit it shouldn't be a big deal.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Used mine yesterday. Works really good. Put it on a long pole and my 3 year old had a blast getting the bugs out of the bottom of the pool. Bought it for the hot tube and it worked as good as I hoped it would. No problems turning on or off at all. Easy to remove bag from the bottom of the broom. Sucks up pine needles to!

Got my Aqua Broom and love it! I does come with a piece you put on it so you can use a regular extension pole.

It came with two fine mesh bags so you can get the finer stuff and works great.

I did have some trouble trying to turn it off with wet hands, plus I'm pushing 55 and have arthritis. First try I had to have my husband turn it off, but then figured out that getting out of the pool, removing my extension pole and tuning the unit upside down, so it's handle is on the ground I can get enough leverage to turn it off myself.

I also recieved my Aqua Broom. It works great on my steps and the other areas that are hard for the Polaris to reach. I also recieved 2 additional filter bags, but could not figure out how to use those in place of the attached filter.

Thanks for the advice to purchase an Aqua Broom!!

harleysilo said:
Update, mine is getting water (tiny amount) in battery compartment, will resolve on Monday and post back...
So finally got around to contact Watertechcorp, they wanted me to pack it up, ship it to them they would decide if they wanted to repair it (water in battery compartment and motor i think not) or replace it then ship it back to me, couldn't tell me how long it would take.....so i chatted with amazon.com and they are sending me a new one that will get here on Thursday.....i can ship my old one when it gets here as it still works intermittently.

I really like using it, perfect for the hot tub and good for spot cleaning the pool with some goggles on....

I've had the Aqua Broom for about 3 years and love it. Best small purchase ($50) I've ever made....if it fails, I will immediately replace it. I've only replaced the batteries twice (the second time was recently). Mine only came with one bag, but I use my skimmer sock to pick up smaller particles. In fact, my main vacuum is on the blink and I vacuumed my entire pool last week with my Aqua Broom. I highly recommend this product.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.