Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just want to stop by say hello

1. Back To Top    #1

Just want to stop by say hello

Whats up people,
    My name is D, or Zaltzy, I live in MA, just got as home that has a pool, and personally I have never had one, so i am hoping you guys can help me out when I need it. Just want to say thank you up front! Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just want to stop by say hello

If you haven't started yet, take a look at Pool School and order yourself one of the recommended test kits. That's a wonderful place to start, and you will be glad you did!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to tfp, zaltzy
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Welcome aboard, zaltzy

In addition to the previous posts, I would recommend becoming familiar with the PoolCalculator. This will take the guesswork out of figuring out the proper chemical dosage for each of the tests listed. Also, the items in the leftmost column (e.g., FC, pH, TA, CH, etc.) are hyperlinks that you can click on to read more about that item and why you need to test for it.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5
    South Carolina

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Flower Mound, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT