Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Easy Set Skimmer/Pump questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Easy Set Skimmer/Pump questions

Hey Guys,

New intex owner here and have been reading this site for the past 2 weeks. I have gained tons of info!!! I purchased a 15x48 Easy Set "blue blob" pool. Using the BBB method to try to keep chemical costs down and having clear water. Anyway after 9hrs of digging by hand with a shovel i have the ground pretty level, got the pool up and it's doing great. However i have a few questions. 1 the 1000 gph cartridge filter/pump is pretty much useless. I run it 24/7 and the water is cloudy. Having a pool party today and this pump will take a month with no pool use to clear the water up. So i plan on getting the intex sand filter. I just dont know which size to get the 1600 or 2650? My pool is roughly 3750 gallons. Any recommendations? I also plan to purchase the skooba vac and use the pump/filter for vacuuming rather than the vacuum that came with the pool. Last question. Can i install a through wall skimmer on this type of pool? if so what kind?

thanks,

Jeff

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Easy Set Skimmer/Pump questions

I have a 16X48 (5061 Gallons I think) Metal Frame Intex and I have the 1600gph Intex Sand filter. It seems to be more than adequate for us. I don't think you can install a thru wall skimmer due to the shaped of the wall, but I might be wrong. While writing this, I just looked up the 1600gph Sandfilter and the price has increased. Its $229 at Walmart and I only payed $149. Honestly, I'd go with the 1600, plenty of power for your pool. Good luck! Cleaning has been a BREEZE with our sandfilter.
    5,061 Gallon 16' x 48" Intex Metal Frame Pool
    14" Intex 55Ib Sand Filter and Pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

THat is our Pump

and Here is our clean pool!
    5,061 Gallon 16' x 48" Intex Metal Frame Pool
    14" Intex 55Ib Sand Filter and Pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum

You will do fine with the 1600 sand filter and just get an over the wall skimmer. As the air temp changes the skimmer will change positions on the pool so I would use one of the mods I've seen on the forum to make it more stationary.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/usefu...rs-t29612.html
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for tips!- this site is great! I ordered the intex sand filter 1600 this morning. Found it on ebay new for $179 shipped. Should be here by the weekend. I have the over the wall skimmer that seems to work pretty well. I shocked the pool last night after the pool party. This morning the pool looked like it did yesterday morning. Clean but cloudy. I guess that is due to the 1000gph pump being undersized and me being cheap by cleaning the filter rather than replacing it. I can't wait for the sand filter to get here. Any recommendations on pool vacuums? I was thinking either the skooba vac or the intex deluxe kit. both are about $50.

6. Back To Top    #6

I use the Intex Deluxe vac and am happy with it. I never buy filters I just wash and reuse. If I'm having people over I bring pool to shock level and again after they are gone.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow, I just saw that Amazon deal - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new 137 Bux for the 1600 sand pump. For that price I ordered one.
    Thanks - John
    Pool: Sharkline Matrix 18 Round 54 Deep
    Pool Size: ~8200 Gallons
    Filter Type: Sand
    Pump: Intex 2650