A little murky/cloudy

May 25, 2012
My pool water is looking a little cloudy. I changed the filter, cleaned out the pump hoses, skimmer connections etc. When I tested this morning the levels were

FC 5
Bromine 10
PH 7.5
TA 40
TH 200
CYA 40

I know the TA is low, but don't think that causes the cloudiness. Any thoughts, tips, suggestions? We put the pull up on 5/31 and haven't even swam in it yet. I've been in a couple times to vacuum it out but other than that it's been to cold/rainy to swim. This is the third day it's been a little cloudy. The FC did drop significantly over night the night before last so I shocked the pool and now the FC is staying about the same.

I am a new pool owner. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Most likely you had the start of an algae bloom two days ago, which you caught very quickly. And now you are just waiting for the filter to catch up and filter out all the dead algae. The standard Intex filters really aren't very good. Their sand filters are much better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.