Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cyclone Blower or Mighty Vac?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cyclone Blower or Mighty Vac?

The pool season just began and I am already thinking about closing. I have decided to buy either a Cyclone blower or a Mighty Vac blower like the pros use. Maybe because it is pool opeing season right now I have found pretty good pricing on either unit. I can get the Cyclone blower for $298 and the Mighty Vac for $318 total cost. I need opinions from the pros on which one is better. I'm leaning towards the Cyclone blower because it has a higher horsepower motor and also a higher airflow (based on data found online). One thing that concerns me about the Cyclone Blower is that I can't find a website for the manufacturer.

Opinions and comments will be greatly appreciated!
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cyclone Blower or Mighty Vac?

You're thinking about closing now? Or you're just thinking about stuff you want when it's time to close? Was just wondering... I know nothing about the blowers, sorry.

Rob B
    My $100 pool finally died after 6 years.
    Totally got our monies worth!
    Butterfly made me do it...

3. Back To Top    #3

Never want to close the pool. Just planning ahead and buying the blower when it is cheaper.
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok. Couldn't believe anyone wanted to close their pool now!

Rob B
    My $100 pool finally died after 6 years.
    Totally got our monies worth!
    Butterfly made me do it...

5. Back To Top    #5

I know it's the wrong season to discuss closing, but any pro's out there with an opinion on which blower to buy?

6. Back To Top    #6

They are both fine, very effective for blowing out pool lines. Either one is overkill for most homeowners.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School