Has anyone used this stuff in the BBB method

It is simply HCl in a weaker concentration than the standard 31.45% that we are used to seeing. It fumes less and is therefore, a little more friendly to work with. The problem that I see is that it contains extras, one of which is urea. Urea that is present in your water will cause a reduction in your FC since urea is one of the common swimmer wastes that is broken down by chlorine.

Someone else here tried it. Didn't work out and went to the regular stuff. Green is code word for "doesn't work"

It's like PD-680, now illegal in many many nations, but it's the best part cleaner ever! Who cares if blood seeped out of my skin if I used it too long! All the "green" replacements that came out for it just don't work as well!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Besides, I would look pretty funny standing next to my pool with a crazed look on my face, bellowing out, "MUHAHAHAHA!!!" If there wasn't any smokey fumes coming from the liquid I was pouring into the pool.

That smokey stuff is what really sets the ambiance!

Oh, forgot about simple green, that stuff is awesome! But I think it's named after the color of it. Since it came out about thirty years ago, way before the "green movement" started, I don't even consider it a "green" product. Even if it is environmentally friendly.

um, isn't urea found in urine? Geez, I'll have my kids pee in the good stuff, up charge it and then resell it as 'green'. I spent a WHOLE summer trying to get the urea out of my 1st pool. Now people pay Menards to put it back in. Groooosssss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.