Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In ground pop ups won't turn

1. Back To Top    #1

In ground pop ups won't turn

I'm at wits end. In ground shasta pool with popups that won't turn. Popups come up zones change however some zones never go down so therefore they don't turn. Additionally some popups won't seat all the way down therefore they don't turn. Removed the manifold there are no broken glue in valves and all the gears are fine no broken teeth or anything. Can someone please help me troubleshoot what is going on? BTW pressure is perfect at 30 psi.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In ground pop ups won't turn

Have you pulled the heads out and checked them? I'd suspect the problem is with the heads.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I've pulled every head and inspected them when the pump is off the heads will go down and turn. It has to be something with the manifold

4. Back To Top    #4

It sounds like the seals in the selector are leaking by not allowing the heads to operate properly.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

How do I seal them?