Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: chemical testers

1. Back To Top    #1

chemical testers

I have an above ground intex 15x42 metal frame pool put up last week. I am using salt water generator. Can anyone recommend a good test system? I noticed there are strips, liquid and digital out there. Is one better than the other? Right now I have the color strips from aqua chem, maybe I am color blind but I have a hard time reading these.

Also swg manual recommends 2000 and test strip came out at 1100, should I add more salt or just shock it?

I am really new at this (1 week) and learning a little more everyday.
    16x48 Intex Ultra frame pool with swg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: chemical testers

The drop based tests are by far the best. Look for one with a FAS-DPD chlorine test. We have a list of recommended kits in Pool School.

What brand/model of SWG do you have?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

have the Krystal clear intex swg
    16x48 Intex Ultra frame pool with swg

4. Back To Top    #4

Their recommended salt level is 2,500 to 3,500. If your salt test came out at 1,100, you need to add about 2,000 to 2,200 ppm of salt.

Until you get the salt level up to something reasonable you are going to need to add chlorine manually.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School