Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bio Dex Salt Protect

1. Back To Top    #1

Bio Dex Salt Protect

Has anyone used salt protect? I was thinking of trying it but I was wondering does it really work. Does it help the equipment?
    18,500 IG Gunite Tahoe Blue pool With 7x7 attached Spa
    Jandy CL580 Filter x4
    Jandy Stealth 2.0 Two Speed Pump
    Pentair LA001N BOOSTER PUMP
    AQUA PURE PLC1400 SWG
    JANDY LXI 400k BTU HEATER
    AQUA LINK RS CONTROL PANEL
    TF-100 Test Kit & Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bio Dex Salt Protect

It is difficult to figure out what it actually is. The MSDS just says that it contains: Non-Toxic Cleaning Compounds, Bio-Degradable Surfactant, Color, Water. No clue what Non-Toxic Cleaning Compounds might be.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Bio Dex Salt Protect

I'm guessing it mostly tries to prevent scale in the salt cell, but there are other ways of doing that including keeping the saturation index from getting too high and using 50 ppm Borates to buffer pH.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"