Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about sand filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about sand filter?

Picking up gritty like substance. I am not sure if it's from my filter(medium is ecoglass) or from when I pressure washed my concrete decking around pool. I have a blue diamond robot and I been running it 2-3 times a day,the bag has what looks to be sand in it. It's not a lot but want to make sure my filter isn't leaking sand into pool.

How do u know if u are losing sand?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about sand filter?

It is difficult to tell for sure, without some experiments. However, this is a previously reported problem with ecoglass, so that is the first place I would look.

One way to narrow down the possibilities is to tie a stocking to the return jet and see what gets caught in the stocking.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

How would one attach a sock to a return?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights

4. Back To Top    #4

Twine. Usually the return has a nut/locking ring thing that holds it in place and you can tie something behind the nut.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok thanks