Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Second rerturn in my AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Second rerturn in my AGP

I am thinking about putting a second return in my AGP. The main return is within about ten inches of the skimmer, and in my opionion does a poor job circulating the water on the bottom. My thought was since I have a extra return fitting, I would mount it six or eight inches off the bottom of the pool to help stir the dust and debris off the bottom. Also I think this would help maintain a more even temp. throughtout the whole pool. Any thoughts on this?
    24' Sharkline Venture AGP
    1.5HP Hayward Pump and Sand Filter
    Waveglow Jet Thru-wall LED Light

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Second rerturn in my AGP

More useful than a second return is a return that can be aimed to point down and to the side.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

My main return can be pointed down but when it is pointed down it creates a "water tornado" and makes an annoying sucking sound so i keep the return pointed slightly upward to keep a tornado from forming.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Don't know where you are located but if you winterize your pool that bottom return will be a major hassle.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

5. Back To Top    #5

How does it work when you point it as far to the side as it will go (either side) and just slightly downwards.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

i have played with moving the eye every which way and still get a small tornado almost everytime. I'm located in Indiana, so good point swimcmp, I didn't think about wintertime. Hard to think about snow when it's over 90 degrees today. lol

7. Back To Top    #7

Second rerturn in my AGP

If it is a threaded eye for the return just go to home depot and get two threaded 90's and two threaded straights an a length of pipe and just fabricate a return that is lower inside the pool
    IG Vinyl liner, 21,500G sport bottom, TR-60 sand filter, 3/4 HP Whisper Flow, BBB with 12.5% Liquid Chlorine