Pool calculator Android app

silver02gt

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 19, 2010
Rural Southern Illinois
I was wondering about the pool calculator app for Android, or another app. Is the calculator app worth it? I downloaded a free app called pool pal, but the amount of bleach varies between it's calculations and that of poolcalculator.com. Does anyone have any experience with this app or another similar? Thanks for your help!

JasonLion said:
A number of people on the forum recommend Simple Pool for Android devices.

I cant seem to find this Simple Pool in the market is it/or was it only a beta version?

is it possible we may someday see the pool calculator on android? That would be sweet then my pool care would be 100% mobile as I have my spreadsheets and graphs all on my phone just need a pool calculator app and I don't need to fire up my laptop. However I can use my browser to access the calculator, but an app would be sweet!

My big problem with "Simplepool" is the options for making adjustments. The one I need to deal with most--chlorine--has no option for 12.5% bleach which I use exclusively, so it is no use to me at the moment. That is the best priced bleach in my part of the world, $2.99 a gallon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
cwuffman said:
I don't mean to detract from the specialized Android apps, but you can access the normal Pool Calculator on your android phone using a web browser. Works just like normal.
Carl

Yeah this is what i have been doing since simplepool didnt have tge 12.5% option for chlorine this mornings update fir simplepool has added the 12.5% option. I prefer an app as it eliminates the pinch and zoom effect via browser abd works still if you donf have wifi or network signal. The simplepool app is ok but i think im staying with the poolcalculator as there are some slight inconsistancies between the two.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.