Sta-rite Variable pump help

May 29, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Hello all,
I have recently changed our pump from a 1hp to a sta-rite variable speed and went ahead and changed some plumbing sizes. I just wanted to ask if the following setup poses any issues:
Description of pool and setup:
17 X 33 kidney shape
3ft shallow end
8ft deep end
guessing at 27,000 gallons
Pump and filter pad are 2 feet above water level
Inlets: (1) 2" flex line from skimmer
(1) 2" flex line from main drain
those come into a 2" jandy 3-way manual valve and into the variable pump (all is 2")
Outlet on pump is 2" going to a large sta-rite valve connected to a Sta-rite system 3 DE filter (S8D110)
from the filter Valve a 2" line goes to the Sta-rite heater
from the heater the line reduces down to 1.5" and goes through a check valve then to a zodiac salt cell
from the cell 1.5" line goes to a 1.5" manifold that splits into two 1.5" return lines

The original 1hp setup had the following:
from the 3-way jandy valve the pipe size going to the 1hp pump was 1.5"
outlet on the pump was 1.5" going to the valve on side of filter

On my new setup will this effect the efficiency of the pump or cause any issues?

Many thanks for your advice.

Ken

Your setup is fine. 2" pipe throughout would be more efficient, but it isn't a big enough difference to justify tearing out and replacing what you have unless you are working on any given section of plumbing anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.