Finally, clear water!!!

May 13, 2009
Mn
Just have to say thank you to everyone for their help and support. We finally have the perfect combo for clear water! It was so clear the other day that I could see perfectly across the pool when I was underwater! We've never had that!

We learned that it is dirt - not algae on the bottom of our pool (dirt level is directly related to how much the farmer is in the field on previous days)

Modifying the basket inside the filter and running on low seem to be the best Combo for sparkly clear water. We put the light in the pool last night and there was some stuff floating by, but for a sand filter, what can you expect? It was really small stuff and you had to look down directly next to the light to see it.

My levels
Fc 8
Cc 0
Tc 8
TA 125 (I know its still high)
Ch 325
Cya 45
Ph 7.3
Borates 30 (pool store says 80, no way as I only added 4 boxes of borax last year)
Temp 91

A few water boatmen. If we leave the cover off we get more, but if we take it off just before swimming we only get a few and they don't hang around too long.

We do use metal out product for iron and I added a dry clarifier to the filter. Otherwise I'm a bleach and muratic acid adder.

Edited to add photo - sorry if it is rotated, but you get the idea. Plus it's windy so the water is a little choppy.

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 141
Cool it down? Are you crazy??!!! We run the heater to make it this warm! Costs me about ten dollars a day, but we don't go on vacation so it's money well spent. The kids love it and we can swim at night when it's 70 outside. We will drop the temp as it warms up outside.

We're supposed to get rain on Sunday so that will raise my ph. I'll add the muratic acid on Monday.

I'll go take a pic and post it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.