Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward SmartMax/Star Pump BlueHaven & SmartPure SanitizerII

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward SmartMax/Star Pump BlueHaven & SmartPure SanitizerII

Does anyone know where to locate the owner's manual for this pump? We had a house fire and while the pool and pump were OK, we are left with no manual. The local BH office closed and currently, my husband is out of the country. I need to get a refresher on the pump.
    Also, what about info on the salt cell? It's a SmartPure Sanitizer II and it says "Chlorinator off No cell power" as well as "Instant Salt Chlorinator Off" and finally "Check System No cell power 2". Anyone know about this? I need to get a refresher on the pump to make sure it's running properly. Also, I want to try and figure out if the cell needs to be replaced (it was installed in 2009 so should be under warranty but the local folks who would do warranty work are out of town until Monday and with my hubby out of the country as well, I'm stuck....HELP!!! Thank you in advance for any info.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward SmartMax/Star Pump BlueHaven & SmartPure Sanitiz

I can't find anything on that model. Are there any more numbers on it?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

After doing MUCH MORE research yesterday, I think I figured out that these are "alternate names" given to Hayward products but sold by Blue Haven pools. I think I found the pump (TriStar??) and the SmartPure Sanitizer II is AquaPure, I think. I am trying to figure out if there's a silly issue with the salt cell (something that I could fix myself) or if it's a real issue that will require repair by professional or perhaps even replacement. Thank you for replying.[quote="Bama Rambler"]I can't find anything on that model. Are there any more numbers on it?

4. Back To Top    #4

Most pool stores can test salt cells.
    Those manual are online. Good luck.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

You could post the actual model number on the pump...I think I saw on a thread that you can guess and the hayward number (it is very similar) from it.

What exactly do you need the pump manual for? Maybe we could help with your questions?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.