Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Artesian Hot Tub Isn't Heating

1. Back To Top    #1

Artesian Hot Tub Isn't Heating

My dad bought and set up a used hot tub. After about 3-4 hours yesterday, we decided that it wasn't heating at all.

After some checking around, it looks like the heating element is only getting 120v to it. We went one day last week to look at the hot tub before he bought it and it was hot when we looked at it.

I have a hard time believing that the board just went bad like that when we moved it. We checked the fuses that are on the board as well. They all checked out good.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Artesian Hot Tub Isn't Heating

Sorry, can't help with that, but hopefully someone will stop by who can!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for replying anyways! Turns out, the heater relay on the circuit board isn't working. You can push it in with a screwdriver to help pull it in and it'll work until the heater cycles. Hopefully I can find someone local to put a new relay on it.

4. Back To Top    #4

Glad to hear you got it figured out
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden