Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: newby, water is freezing

1. Back To Top    #1
    Randleman, North Carolina

newby, water is freezing

I put up a 15x42 above ground pool one week ago. Temps are low 80's day and 58 at night. Should have some 90 degree weather here next month in July. Water is still too cold. Will it warm up later or always be this cold?
    16x48 Intex Ultra frame pool with swg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: newby, water is freezing

I don't know your location, but if your pool is in a sunny place and the night time temps heat up, you will see the water temps come up too.

You might invest in a solar cover to put on the pool. It helps during the day to keep the sun's uv rays from consuming your FC, and insulates the pool at night from the cooler temps.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: newby, water is freezing

I concur on the pool cover. My water was a balmy 84 when I got back from my vacation and pulled the cover. Then we had some cooler weather and the cover was off, dropped waaaaay down. I find the wind is the biggest culprit. It makes the water evaporate faster. And evaporation cools the water.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!