Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The black plug going into the Intex cell somehow overheated

1. Back To Top    #1

The black plug going into the Intex cell somehow overheated

I was getting the low salt signal and found that the black plug going into the cell somehow overheated and was chard. They don't sell this as a replacement. Any suggestions on rewiring or supplying an external power source to the cell?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The black plug going into the Intex cell somehow overhea

Welcome to TFP!
    I'm not sure if it's possible to do that. Which side is burned, cell side or control box side? What brand/model of system do you have?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Intex SWGs don't cost all that much. Your best bet is to replace the entire unit.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I had mine do exactly the same thing. It melted the plastic on the plug and completely melted the plastic on the cell itself. I got a low salt and would not generate. I am fighting with Intex now, I have only had it 3 months or so.