CH test not matching store, cloudy water HELP

I think the saying "slow and stready wins the race" is true here. It took more than a week to clear up, but my pool is the clearist it has ever been.
My last test showed still no CC and everything else was looking good. I never did shock it, but filtered 24/7 and added some DE for a few days.

Thanks for the support on the forum, I will continue to use it often.

Attachments

• IMG531.jpg
    IMG531.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 8
linen said:
trevttu76 said:
I am beginning to wonder if my filter is undersized; it says it required 250#'s of sand, and I see most people have much larger vessels.
Guessing here, but 250 lbs would suggest a Hayward S220T, which is 2.65 sq. ft. sand filter. For a 22000 gallon pool, the ansi/nsf recommendation is a 4.2 sq. ft. sand filter, so yours is a bit undersized. It should still work, but will need more frequent backwashing.

Another problem could be an oversized pump. What pump do you have?

Pump is 1 hp. I am guessing it is a little oversized.

trevttu76 said:
Pump is 1 hp. I am guessing it is a little oversized.
Probably not too bad for that filter...more of a problem of that filter being small for the pool.

I know you are happy with the clarity, but it doesn't look great to me. When a pool is maintained right, it should be crystal clear as in "is there water in there" clear. It sounds like just a filter issue for you, but I still wonder about organics. If you are concerned, do another OCLT to confirm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.