New intellibrite led too big for niche

kevreh

Bronze Supporter
Jun 2, 2007
Annandale, VA
Bumbed out.... Just tried to install a pentair intellibrite but not fitting. About 1-2" too big. Looking around i didn't realize there were different niche/light sizes.

Is there any kind of adapter?
My pool is about 30 years old, is my niche size going to be too small for most new led lights?
Draining the pool 24" or so to cut into the concrete really isnt a viable solution now.

Appreciate any advice....
Kevin

Well, they don't make an adapter for a hole that's too small, unfortunately :( If you have any idea who the manufacturer of your niche is, that would help, or at least take some measurements so you know how big is too big. I imagine the LED lights can come in a variety of sizes depending on the manufacturer, but I've never really looked.

I have a swimquip light. I ended up getting a J&J screw in LED light, white only. It was less watts than the Intellibrite (only 40w vs. iirc 65w for the intellibrite).

It was hard to plunk down about $280 for the led. But now I have it setup to come on at night for a couple hours, which means we get to see and enjoy our pool more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.