AquaLink RS4 Panel dead

Jun 8, 2012
Last night we had an electrical outage of just a minute or so. In the morning I noticed my panel displayed wrong time, and pump not yet on as it should have been. I reset the date and time and turned on the pump at the indoor panel. All was working fine I later noticed the space for the 9v backup battery in my external panel ( this home and pool are new to us). I pulled the old battery, which was swollen, clearly shot, and replaced with a fresh one. Much later, I looked at the indoor panel and found it to be dead. Reset button does nothing.
Can anyone help me? Hate to think I fried the indoor panel by putting a battery outside!
Thank you.

The indoor panel gets it's power from the external main panel. There should be a 4 conductor wire between the two. It sounds like you may have a possibly loose connection. The aqualink troubleshooting manual is available online in pdf form from Jandy I think. Do a little digging around with Google till you find it. It will have pictures and a better explanation.

Thank you. It could well be a loose connection (though don't know how this may have happened) since this morning the panel is functioning properly. A brief electrical interruption overnight once again - knocked me back into service?!
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I found the troubleshooting manual you cited.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.