Last night we had an electrical outage of just a minute or so. In the morning I noticed my panel displayed wrong time, and pump not yet on as it should have been. I reset the date and time and turned on the pump at the indoor panel. All was working fine I later noticed the space for the 9v backup battery in my external panel ( this home and pool are new to us). I pulled the old battery, which was swollen, clearly shot, and replaced with a fresh one. Much later, I looked at the indoor panel and found it to be dead. Reset button does nothing.
Can anyone help me? Hate to think I fried the indoor panel by putting a battery outside!