Cost of SWG?

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
I was curious what ball park price range this would run for an AGP of the size we plan to get? Would it be difficult to add it later down the road??

ETA~ I just came across this one- CHLOREASEâ„¢ ABOVE-GROUND SALTWATER CHLORINE GENERATORS anyone ever hear of it or use it?

For a small pool with good circulation - maybe, but in general such design is a big no-no.

You gonna have problems finding the right spot for it to work good. You don't need a special SWG for above ground pool, any normal one will do.

Goldline makes a SWG for AGPs. It's the AquaTrol. Installation is a no brainer! (Intall salt cell--one model is inline and one goes into the return, then plug your pump into the control box and plug the conrol box in where the pump was plugged in.)

miller9951 said:
I would recommend that you DO NOT use an Aqua Trol. I have had mine for three years now and had nothing but trouble with it.

What kind of trouble? Goldline makes one of the better SWGs. Perhaps some of your problems were linked to water chemistry issues.

waterbear said:
miller9951 said:
I would recommend that you DO NOT use an Aqua Trol. I have had mine for three years now and had nothing but trouble with it.

What kind of trouble? Goldline makes one of the better SWGs. Perhaps some of your problems were linked to water chemistry issues.

I have had my Aqua Trol system for almost three years and within that time frame I have had six cells, two control boxes and have had a Hayward certified tech come out and look at my system. My current problem with my system is that it reads that my salt level is 1700 but when I have my water tested it is in fact 3200. I have had my pool water tested by three different pool stores including a phosphate test and they all tell me that my pool water is perfect. If you any suggestions I am open.

Thanks,
Eddie

Normally you have to calibrate the systems every now and then.

With regards to the cells, that's exactly the feedback i was getting from several people in the industry a few years back - Goldline cells only lasting a year or even less in some cases. Not sure if it has changed now or not.

Well, mine is going into it's third year and still going strong and I have several customers with Goldline systems that have not had any problems. I have probably ordered more replacement cells for Autopilots than any other SWG well before the average 5 year life span but in almost every case the pool water chemistry was WAY off when the history was checked. Usually I would see a combination of not nearly enough CYA or none and pH that was almost NEVER brought below 8.0.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
waterbear said:
Well, mine is going into it's third year and still going strong and I have several customers with Goldline systems that have not had any problems. I have probably ordered more replacement cells for Autopilots than any other SWG well before the average 5 year life span but in almost every case the pool water chemistry was WAY off when the history was checked. Usually I would see a combination of not nearly enough CYA or none and pH that was almost NEVER brought below 8.0.

Do you have an Aqua Rite unit or an Aqua Trol unit? Everyone that I know that has an Aqua Rite unit does not have any problems with their pools but everyone that I know that has an Aqua Trol unit has nothing but problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.