how do you get rid of DUCKS????

G

well for the past 2 weeks ducks have been invadeing my back yard, i think the same 9 of them. last week i started sicking the dogs on them. which chases them away since they jump in the water (new for my goldens, never even touched the water last year) and chase after them, after all they are golden retrivers.

but that only works for a short time, then an hour later their back. they are crapping all over the pool deck and even the pool. a couple even laid eggs in the dirt. (ack) so how do i get rid of them FOR EVER. they think my pool is the hang out, and its not even green.

Rollin Thunder said:
well for the past 2 weeks ducks have been invadeing my back yard, i think the same 9 of them. last week i started sicking the dogs on them. which chases them away since they jump in the water (new for my goldens, never even touched the water last year) and chase after them, after all they are golden retrivers.

but that only works for a short time, then an hour later their back. they are crapping all over the pool deck and even the pool. a couple even laid eggs in the dirt. (ack) so how do i get rid of them FOR EVER. they think my pool is the hang out, and its not even green.
That's why God also made Border Collies. Those guys don't give up. Really, if you have a friend who has a Border Collie, invite them over, make then lunch, then watch. It's quite fun. Alot of the country clubs use them down here.

I also agree that a Turkey load or two should do the trick. Although, those ducks are protected......unless you have a duck stamp, have a tree farm on your property, etc.

String some fishing line back and forth over the yard. Makes them nervous that they are trapped since the have to worry about it when the fly in and out. Put it up over your head so you can still use the yard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.