Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: how do you get rid of DUCKS????

how do you get rid of DUCKS????

well for the past 2 weeks ducks have been invadeing my back yard, i think the same 9 of them. last week i started sicking the dogs on them. which chases them away since they jump in the water (new for my goldens, never even touched the water last year) and chase after them, after all they are golden retrivers.

but that only works for a short time, then an hour later their back. they are crapping all over the pool deck and even the pool. a couple even laid eggs in the dirt. (ack) so how do i get rid of them FOR EVER. they think my pool is the hang out, and its not even green.

#4 steel works pretty well...
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...

Re: how do you get rid of DUCKS????

Quote Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
    well for the past 2 weeks ducks have been invadeing my back yard, i think the same 9 of them. last week i started sicking the dogs on them. which chases them away since they jump in the water (new for my goldens, never even touched the water last year) and chase after them, after all they are golden retrivers.

but that only works for a short time, then an hour later their back. they are crapping all over the pool deck and even the pool. a couple even laid eggs in the dirt. (ack) so how do i get rid of them FOR EVER. they think my pool is the hang out, and its not even green.
    That's why God also made Border Collies. Those guys don't give up. Really, if you have a friend who has a Border Collie, invite them over, make then lunch, then watch. It's quite fun. Alot of the country clubs use them down here.

I also agree that a Turkey load or two should do the trick. Although, those ducks are protected......unless you have a duck stamp, have a tree farm on your property, etc.
    CaryB
    36 x 18 IG vinyl, 25K, 1 HP pump, sand filter
    1 skimmer, 2 returns, no main drain
    Old school: PoolSolutions test kit

Ball Pin hammer if you can get close enough No but really. Just go next door to your neighbors pool and put out some bread. Then have your dogs chase them over there. Then you'll be
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

String some fishing line back and forth over the yard. Makes them nervous that they are trapped since the have to worry about it when the fly in and out. Put it up over your head so you can still use the yard.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat