Wall off track

Jun 8, 2012
South Carolina
I'm looking for some advice about an issue I discovered while searching for a leak in our 1 year old pool.

First some history- back in May of 2010 the metal wall of the pool that came with the house split due to hidden rust where the skimmer was leaking under the deck. We removed the broken pool and waited until summer of 2011 to replace it (while resurfacing the deck in the proccess).

We went with one of the longest established pool vendors in town to do the installation, but were not able to spend much time in the pool that first summer after several family illnesses and injuries.

After uncovering and opening the pool this year I began thoughly inspecting the seams of the pool after a leak developed (a topic for another thread). With the water still, and a good mask in place I discovered this structure pressing into the liner along with what appears to be a section of track and the misalignment of the cove that I can only assume could have only happened during installation.

I've contacted the installer and emailed pictures, so we'll see how they respond to it.

Any comments or suggestions?

Attachments

• SAM_1297.JPG
    SAM_1297.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 76
  • SAM_1291.JPG
    SAM_1291.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 77
Just as a follow up, it didn't occur to me at the time, but after having talked with the original installer they suggested that the gully in the cove was caused by the water escaping the pool from the tear that was almost certainly caused by the cleaning company.

Sure enough, upon following the gutter it begins right where the tear was.

Uhg.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.