pool float

Jul 13, 2007
I am having an issue with a couple of pool float anchors and I am hoping to get some advice. We have a fiberglass buddy seat that is pretty big. Our builder installed float anchors (eyelets) on each end so a rope/floats could be attached. My issue is this. After four years, the rubber washer has crumbled away and I was hoping to replace it. When I unscrewed the eyelet, it didn’t have female threads as I was expecting, it had an integrated threaded stud. About halfway out, whatever was on the back side turned loose I guess and now I am stuck in between. I can’t screw the old one back in because it spins and I can’t get it out because it spins :rant: I can’t imagine that a builder would install a hook like this that would require you getting to the back side of the assy since that is impossible at this point. Was hoping some of you with building experience might have some wisdom to pass along about how I can wiggle out of this mess. BTW…the hole is actually under the normal water level so I really need to figure out a way to plug the holes that are about ¼ inch. Thanks!

That looks like a "T" nut. Once they start spinning they're hard to deal with. You can try holding a flat screwdriver against the sleeve (barely visible at the edge of the fiberglass.) and seeing if you can unscrew the anchor the rest of the way. Then push the "T" nut inside the wall.

Then the issue is how to get the threads back into the wall. You could use Jack Nuts but they don't make them in Stainless.

I'd silicone a firewall plug in it. You'll be able to see it but it won't look bad. There are probably fiberglass guys that can repair them to where you can't see it near you. I'd check around and see if you can find someone.

Thanks for all the help. I was snooping around at a local Ace Hardware store and came across a stainless steel button that perfectly snapped into the 1/2 inch hole in the buddy seat. I used some silicone from the local pool store and you hardly even know it's there unless you are looking right at it. The caulk job around the edges could be smoother too but it's working for now. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.