Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ...something more complex going on?

1. Back To Top    #1

...something more complex going on?

I would like to ask about this "something more complex going on". I have followed the TFP methods for a couple years now and have had great success, I use bleach, borax and baking soda. This spring, the pool was like it always is, a dark green pond. (i believe my signature should show all the necessary data about the type of pool, but just in case i messed that up, i have a 20,000 gal, vinyl liner, IG, mesh cover, sand filter). I have a Taylor test kit with new regents. I followed all the steps for the shock process and got the water to the milky stage a couple weeks ago and it has stayed there. This morning the tests were as follows:
    FC - 12.5
    CC- 0 - .025
    CYA - 35
    PH - 7.8
    TA - 140

Do you think I might have something more complex going on based on this information, and if so, what might that be? Thanks is advance.
    20K gal, IG, Vinyl, Sand Filter, Polaris 280 Pool Sweep

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: ...something more complex going on?

Where have you been maintaining your FC? You are now a little below shock level
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

During the shock process, I maintained the FC between 13 and 15 until it held overnight and the CC was zero

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Phoenix, AZ

Are you running your filter 24-7? A sand filter will sometimes take longer to clear a cloudy pool. What is your clean pressure, and when are you backwashing the filter? Lastly, you could add some DE to your filter and that might help clear the pool.

5. Back To Top    #5

yes, running 24/7 ..... clean pressure is at 15, the first week of milky water, i waited to back wash until it reached 23, the second week i have back washed more frequently, at least once a day - is there a preferred vendor for the DE?